Alias ID Information
Alias ID Opt-In Request Form (Configuration typically takes 1 to 2 weeks to complete):
Any PSU Technology Director or other staff member with the NCEdCloud Privileged Role of LEA Administrator can request the use of Alias IDs by submitting the form at https://ncedcloud.mcnc.org/content/ncedcloud-alias-id-opt-in
PSUs can now opt-in to use an Alias ID as their Username for accounts in the NCEdCloud IAM Service. This will allow users in the PSU to enter EITHER their UID number or their Alias ID in the Username field when logging into the NCEdCloud IAM Service. The password will remain unchanged and will work for either username value. Alias ID can be set up for Staff, Students, or Both.
PSUs can choose Alias IDs to be either the user's email address as maintained in the IAM Service, or a local identifier of your choice, scoped to be unique across the state and uploaded nightly to DPI (file details are below). If using email address, no file is needed, however, only users with an email address in the NCEdcloud will be able to take advantage of Alias ID. The email address option for Alias ID is the simplest to implement and PSU requests will be processed weekly, so it may take up to a week to implement this option.Local ID File
Use of the Local ID as an Alias ID in the NCEdCloud requires sending a nightly file with user records to populate the Alias ID field. This option requires a meeting with the PSU selecting it, so that file and record requirements and formatting details can be discussed. It also takes a bit longer to implement, as eMFTS folders must be setup and the file must be tested prior to moving it into the production environment. PSUs selecting this option can expect it to take 2-3 weeks before Alias IDs can be populated in the NCEdCloud.Local ID User Record Data Elements:
- Alias ID value (scoped to be unique across the state)
- LEA Code (3-digit)
- Population Type ("Staff" or "Student")
- "Date" (of record/file creation)
INVALID Alias IDs:
Since the Alias ID will be used as an alternate username, there are a few valiation checks that will prevent an email address or Local ID from being added to NCEdCloud accounts.
- The use of apostrophes in an email address or Local ID are not supported
- Duplicate Alias IDs will not be added (either matches to an existing email address or Alias ID
- Obviously, the email address must already exist in NCEdCloud to be used as an Alias ID
Since the Alias ID is an additional way to login to the NCEdCloud, if a user's email address is not present they can still login using their UID.
Please see the following FAQ for further information about getting email addresses into the NCEdCLoud IAM Service: https://ncedcloud.mcnc.org/content/why-employees-email-wrong-or-missing-ncedcloud-iam-service
Because the NCEdCloud IAM Service is a statewide service for all K-12 public & public charter schools, name collisions are inevitable if only the usernames are supplied. It is therefore necessary for each PSU that elects the 'local username' option to add a qualifier to the uploaded data. One example would be to append '@psuXXX' to the local username, such as "username@psu000".
Prior to implementaion you will be invited to a conference call where the details of the upload process will be discussed. Each PSU will have a unique SFTP destination for their data.
PSUs should upload their file once each day for processing nightly.
There are a couple of reasons why a user who HAS an email in NCEdCloud, and whose PSU has opted-in to using Alias ID, can't log in with their email.
- If the user's email address contains an apostrophe, for example, "John.O'Neil@psu.net", the user will not be able to log in with their email address. For NCEdCloud (and most other directories), an apostrophe is an illegal character for the Username. Therefore, it can't be used as an alternate Username for UID. If the email address has the apostrophe removed in the source data (PowerSchool, LINQ HR or HRMS), it will be added the following day and can then be used in place of the UID for Username.
- If the user's email is found in another record in the NCEdCloud (usually an "inactive" record of a former employee or student, or if the user had another UID and that record was disabled), it is considered a "duplicate" Alias ID and won't be added to their record. The email address that's a duplicate will need to be removed from the old/inactive account to fix the problem. This will required a ticket being submitted to NCEdCloud support.