What are the default timeouts for the NCEdCloud IAM Service & target applications?
Steve Thorpe - Wed, 12/03/2014 - 13:42
- Individual Applications have their own timeouts -- it is Application dependent.
The NCEdCloud IAM Service RapidIdentity Portal:
Login Screen inactivity timeout (you go to the login screen but don't login) = 5 minutes
- If timed-out here, close the unused login window/tab, open a new window/tab and start over.
- Once in the NCEdCloud portal, the inactivity timeout = 8 Hours
- Login Screen inactivity timeout (you go to the login screen but don't login) = 5 minutes
The SAML assertion timeout is valid for 5 minutes (the assertion itself)
- Individual Applications can have a different timeout for their session(s). If it is > 5 minutes and that timeout occurs, they will check the SAML assertion and then handle it however they're configured.
In general it is best that users completely close their browser sessions (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.) when they are done.
- One example is Google Apps. If Google Apps is integrated with the IAM Service and a user logs in, they stay logged in until they close the browser, which could be days or weeks.